Maker Fun Factory VBS 2017 Created by God. Built for ...
About UsWritten by The_Office on Oct 11, 2011
About Community Bible Church
Community Bible Church is a non-denominational, Christ-centered, evangelical, Bible-teaching church committed to leading people to a personal faith in Christ Jesus, building them up in the faith, and utilizing ourselves in servant ministries to others.
The purpose of this church is to glorify God, to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission to make disciples, and to assist believers in growing to spiritual maturity in Christ.
- By demonstrating faith, hope, and love in our community.
- (I Thess. 1:3, John 13:34-35)
- By providing an atmosphere of worship.
- (John 4:23-24, Phil. 3:3)
- By proclaiming the gospel clearly and stimulating evangelism in our community.
- (I Cor. 15:3-4, Acts 1:8)
- By establishing and encouraging believers in a daily spiritual walk of discipleship through Bible teaching from the Old and New Testaments, through fellowship and through prayer.
- (Acts 2:42, II Tim. 3:16-17, Col. 1:28)
- By equipping believers for works of service and ministry in this community.
- (Ephesians 4:12, Gal. 6:10, Matt. 5:16)
- By sending qualified laborers to communities and lands beyond our own.
- (Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Acts 13:2-3)
Our Church History
Fourteen of the twenty families who committed themselves to begin Community Bible Church came from Faith Bible Church in Robins, Iowa, and were already living in the Mount Vernon-Lisbon area. They had been meeting as a Bible study and fellowship group on Sunday evenings from March 8, 1987 through August 30, 1987. Pastor Steve Aronowitz, who was on staff at Faith Bible Church, led this Bible study group and became our founding pastor.
On Sunday morning, September 6, 1987, we began meeting as an organized body of believers at the Mount Vernon Middle School, where we continued to meet for seven years. Through the prayers and sacrificial giving of our congregation, the Lord provided our present facility at 940 West Mount Vernon Road. Our first service in this building was held on Sunday, November 20, 1994.
Beginning in August 2001, Andy Majorins began serving as our Teaching Pastor. In August 2003 we added Scott Freitag as our Youth Pastor. We also initiated a building expansion project in June 2004 to build a larger sanctuary, additional classrooms, and a multi-purpose room to meet the growing ministry needs of our body. The initial phase of this project was completed October 2004.